Buildings in the Kremlin
The State Kremlin Palace
Including of a modern building in the architectural ensemble can be reasoned by several centuries’ history the city monument was forming under the influence of any epoch. However, the construction of the Palace was connected with elimination of a most interesting monument of the XIX century’s Russian classicism – the Armoury Chamber by architect Yegotov – and several historical buildings. All these facts cannot have right in the time of scientific system of preserving historical and cultural monuments.
The Palace’s building was erected in the period of forming of modern architecture and reflected the search and technical achivements of the time. It was built of beton, metal and glass. Either traditional or new construction materials were used for facing.
In 1992, the Palace of Congresses was renamed the Kremlin’s State Palace. Nowadays, it is a public building and a theatre.
- The Church of Our Lady’s Nativity
- The Assumption Cathedral
- The Church of Laying Our Lady's Holy Robe
- The Annunciation Cathedral
- The Faceted Chamber
- The Archangel's Cathedral
- The Ivan the Great Bell-Tower complex
- The Golden Tsarina's Chamber
- The Terem Palace
- The Upper Saviour’s Cathedral and Terem Churches
- The Patriarch’s Palace and the Twelve Apostles’ Church
- The Fun Palace
- The Arsenal
- The Senate
- The Grand Kremlin Palace
- The Armoury Chamber
- The A.R.C.E.C. Kremlin Military School
- The State Kremlin Palace